How to Rank Top on Google with Affordable Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services
- Oct 01, 2019
- Architects for the Web
- Search Engine Optimization
The Internet is packed with fiercely competitive businesses that have established brand awareness and large social media followings. Needless to say, that kind of online attention often translates into top SEO rankings! Such results may leave you wondering if it is possible for a new or growing company to find leverage on Google that earns a top-ranking position in the keyword search returns. The great news is the search engine bots are not bias and Architechs for the Web can help any business rank well using such search engine optimization techniques like those listed below.
Optimize your Site for Mobile Devices Today's media world is heavily saturated with mobile device users. In fact, it may even be hard to recall a time when people were not looking at their phones while waiting in long lines. People use their phones to connect with friends and family, stay up on the latest happenings, and search for business locations, products or services, and reviews. What does this mean for your business and your SEO ranking? Simply put, your rankings will increase as the number of users viewing your website goes up in search of interesting and relatable content. This increase in viewers can be achieved using a variety of strategies. However, before jumping to digital marketing, your website must be built with a mobile-first process to make it easy to navigate on smaller smartphone devices.
Understand How Users Search
Sometimes, with all this talk about SEO and rankings, it can be hard to make your website and social media posting content flow naturally in a way that offers value. While the search engines are not necessarily biased towards a specific company or industry, they are calculating viewer interest in terms of click volume and the length of time users spend looking at your content. To engage your users, try using the following tips our marketing team suggests to maximize each opportunity to engage users.
- Analyze your Existing Search Traffic - Google Analytics is a reporting tool you can use to learn helpful data such as user demographics, the number of new users who have clicked on your website in the past month, and the number of mobile devices, tablets and desktop computers that were used to view your website. This data is critical to uncovering how to approach your content. Let's say you own a medical supply company and you learn from Google Analytics your products primarily appeal to senior citizens. Your product descriptions, frequently asked questions page, blog articles and social media posts would be worded differently than a gaming company with a high teen click rate.
- Get to Know your Audience - What are potential buyers are hoping to find on your website? This should be the first question on your mind when creating content. For example, if you are a CPA, you may want to write about your streamlined tax filing process, your quality bookkeeping services, and what sets you apart from other CPA firms. Hotels may want to talk about things to do in the hotel area, highlighted hotel features, and how they go the extra step in customer service for their guests. In other words, if you were not the business owner or manager, what would you want to know about your products and services.
- Write for Humans - Now that you have an idea of what to write about and who you are writing it for, give your content an interesting flow. We will come back to the keywords in the editing stage because search engines are smarter than a bunch of keywords thrown together. Aim instead for your content to be useful and engaging. The two goals in writing the initial draft are to (1) Connect with viewers in a fun and/or informative way to receive more clicks on your link, and (2) Write about something that your audience will want to know so they remain viewing your page. Here is where you can have fun sharing your product and industry knowledge with your current and potential consumers. You can express your own storytelling style as long as the content meets these two goals.
- Edit to Optimize for Search Engines - After writing your content, it is time to do a little more digging. At this point, you are looking for commonly searched industry keywords. Finding these keywords is easy. Simply type your title into the search box to see what Google returns as related topic links and popular related searches noted in bold lettering at the bottom of the page. Additionally, you can use keyword search apps, such as Keyword Tool to see how your keywords are ranking. Once you have the primary keywords you want to use in your content, go back to your rough draft and insert a few of these words in your title and throughout the article or page while being careful not to interrupt the reading flow or article intent.
Stay up-to-date with the latest changes in SEO with Pubcon
Another step Architechs for the Web takes to ensure clients receive better rankings is to attend Pubcon Full-Stack Marketing Conference. By attending Pubcon each year, we stay current on all the latest web development services and learn the most important ranking factors for our clients. This is a trade show like no other for those of us with a passion for digital marketing, and we cannot emphasize enough how critical it is to helping SEO companies stay on top of advances in the field.
Never Underestimate UX
What is UX? This is where the web developer creates a site with the user experience aspect in mind. All our designs offer easy navigation and quick loading images designed to catch the attention of the user. The faster loading times will ensure the viewers do not switch to another link while waiting for your site to load, and the intuitive navigation will help users find what they are looking for on your site. Thus, UX is crucial to building interest in your site, which results in higher SEO rankings.
In short, while established competitors may have the upper hand in SEO rankings currently, there are things you can do to achieve a better listing location. Applying the above strategies can help your company receive the recognition it deserves online with new users. If you would like to discuss these and other affordable SEO services found at Architechs for the Web, contact us today. We look forward to helping you take your business to the next level!